Starting March 1, the following changes will go into effect for flounder regulations:
- Extending ALL Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission(FWC) flounder regulations into federal waters.
- Increasing the minimum size limit from 12 inches to 14 inches total length (recreational and commercial).
- Reducing the recreational daily bag limit from 10 to five fish per person.
- Establishing an Oct. 15 through Nov. 30 recreational closed season.
- For commercial harvesters using allowable gear: Establishing a commercial trip and vessel limit of 150 fish from Dec. 1 – Oct. 14, and 50 fish from Oct. 15 – Nov. 30
- Modifying the incidental bycatch limit for commercial harvesters using non-allowable gear from 50 pounds/trip to 50 fish/trip.
- Creating a federal waters trawl bycatch limit of 150 fish/trip from Dec. 1 – Oct. 14, and 50 fish/trip from Oct. 15 – Nov. 30.
Learn more here.